Today the Sunday Funday group is staying healthy with salads. Thanks to Stacy of Food Lust People Love, Sue of Palatable Pastime, Rebekah of Making Miracles, and Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm for coordinating this low-stress group. Today Sneha of Sneha's Recipe is hosting and she's asked us to share salad recipes. Here's the line-up of how the #SundayFunday bloggers staying healthy with salads...
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Chicken and Mandarin Orange Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Golden Apple & Potato Salad from Sneha's Recipe
- Irish Cheddar Honey Mustard Broccoli Salad from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Japanese Potato Salad from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Kale Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Lettuce, Pear and Grapefruit Salad from Cook With Renu
- Red Cabbage, Apple, Mandarin Salad from Food Lust People Love
- Snap Peas and Avocado Salad from Mayuri's Jikoni
- Sesame Chicken Salad from Making Miracles
- Super Nacho Taco Salad from Amy's Cooking Adventures
Kale Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
Kale salad is a family favorite. But when I saw strawberries coming into the markets this week, I decided to put the two together. This sweet and tart dressing is made with pureed strawberries, honey, vinegar, and oil. Since the berries are pureed in the dressing, it doesn’t matter if they are a little overripe. Just avoid any moldy berries
- 1 cup strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1 Tablespoon honey (I used a local avocado honey)
- 5 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- kale, hand-torn into small pieces (I used Lacinto kale, but you can use any kind)
- fresh strawberries for garnish
- crumbled feta for garnish
Combine the strawberries, honey, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor or blender and puree until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
Place kale in a large mixing bowl and dress as desired. Toss to coat completely and turn onto a serving platter. Garnish with fresh strawberries and feta cheese. Serve immediately. The dressing will store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Just whisk it before using if it has separated.
That's a wrap on the #SundayFunday healthy salad event. We'll be back next week with recipe that incorporate chips. Stay tuned....