But I figured I'd share a side dish today. When I made these, we battled over them and I definitely will double the recipe next time. This simple dish comes together quickly and tastes amazing.
Today the Sunday Funday group is sharing recipes with okra. Thanks to Stacy of Food Lust People Love, Sue of Palatable Pastime, Rebekah of Making Miracles, and Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm for coordinating this low-stress group.
And, this week, Sneha has asked us to share okra recipes. We love okra in this household. I have made Okra Chips Two Ways. and Quick Pickled Okra. And it's an important ingredient in gumbo as that dish derived from the word 'gombo' which translates to 'okra' in many West African languages.
In any any case, here's the okra line-up from the #SundayFunday bloggers...
- Baked Okra Fries from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Begova Corba from Bosnian Chicken Okra Soup from Pandemonium Noshery
- Bhendi (Okra) Sabzi With Pickle Masala from Sneha’s Recipe
- Crispy Oven Fried Okra from Food Lust People Love
- Khoresh Bamia (Lamb with Okra) from Palatable Pastime
- Okra Mexicana from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Baked Okra Fries
- 1 pound okra, rinsed and dried
- 1 Tablespoon corn meal
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Trim the end off the okra and slice them in half lengthwise. Place okra in a large mixing bowl. Add in the corn meal, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Place okra on a silicone or parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
That's a wrap for the #SundayFunday okra event. We'll be back next weekend as we share recipes with something on a stick. Stay tuned!