Gwendolyn of Wine Predator is hosting the French Winophiles this month as we explore the organic wines of the Loire. You can read her invitation here.
If you are reading this early enough, feel free to join our live Twitter chat on Saturday, April 17th at 8am Pacific. Just follow the hashtag #Winophiles. And be sure to add that to anything you tweet so we can see it in the stream. Cheers!
Here's what the French Winophiles are sharing on the subject of organic wines of the Loire.
- Susannah Gold brings Vouvray – A Wine In Many Styles to Avvinare.
- Nicole Ruiz Hudson does Cooking to the Wine: Domaine Huet Vouvray Clos du Bourg Moelleux & Pork Tenderloin with Citrus Gastrique on Somm's Table.
- Jane Niemeyer suggests Tasting and Pairing LoireValley Wines on Always Ravenous
- Linda Whipple shares Organic Muscadet and Must-Have Oysters at My Full Wine Glass
- Terri Steffes invites you to A Tasty Dance: Red Beans and Rice with Les Parcelles Mark Dupas Sauvignon Blanc on Our Good Life
- Andrea Lemieux offers Pascal Jolivet & Sancerre the Way Nature Intended on The Quirky Cork
- Camilla Mann has Porc aux Pruneaux (Pork with Prunes) + Chateau de Parnay Le Blason de Parnay 2018 on Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Host Gwendolyn Alley on Wine Predator shares Unusual Reds at Loire’s Biodynamic Manoir de la Tête Rouge.
- 12 pitted prunes, halved
- 1½ cups dry white wine
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, pounded to ½-inch thick
- 1 cup onion, peeled and thickly sliced
- 1 cup fennel, trimmed and thickly sliced (some of the green stems, too)
- freshly ground salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Also needed: mashed potatoes with créme fraîche for serving
In saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the wine and mustard. Stir in the prunes and let the sauce reduce by half. Pour the sauce over the meat and cover with foil. Place in the oven and roast for 16 to 18 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with créme fraîche mashed potatoes and a green salad.