This month, Sue of Palatable Pastime told the Baking Bloggers that for September "join us for a bit of fun on September 9th as we post recipes using potatoes (any type). The only requirement is that baking be performed somewhere in the recipe." Here's the #BakingBloggers line-up...
- Baked Cajun Potatoes by Anybody Can Bake
- Baked Potato Skins with Paneer and Veggies by Cook with Renu
- Easy Savory Sweet Potato Muffins by Recipe Pocket
- Egyptian Sanyet el Batates by Pandemonium Noshery
- Hasselback Fondue Potato Bake by Food Lust People Love
- Italian Potato Cake (Gattò di Patate) by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Oven Roasted Garlic Potatoes by Palatable Pastime
- Quiche with Potato Crust by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Befteki and Potatoes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salsa Potato Stacks In Muffin Pan by Sneha's Recipe
- Wizarding World Roasted Potatoes by Simply Inspired Meals
Roasted Befteki and Potatoes
I was looking for a low-effort dinner and stumbled across a recipe for Greek meatballs that are baked in the oven with potatoes. Love it! One dish. So, so easy. And super tasty, too. I will definitely be making this again soon.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C gluten-free bread crumbs, divided into 1/4 C portions
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 T fresh chopped oregano + more for sprinkling
- freshly ground salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 organic lemon, halved
- olive oil
- baby potatoes
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients - but only 1/4 C of the bread crumbs - up through the pepper. Mix until well-combined. Let stand for at least 10 minutes. Place the remaining 1/4 C bread crumbs in a small bowl. Cut one half of the lemon into thin slices. Reserve the other half of the lemon.
In a rimmed baking dish, lay the potatoes. Form ground meat into balls about the same size as your potatoes. Roll the meatballs in the bread crumbs and lay in your dish. Spread the lemon slices throughout then squeeze lemon juice over the top of the meatballs. Sprinkle with fresh oregano. Drizzle with olive oil and cover with foil.
Roast for 35 to 40 minutes until the potatoes are fork tender. Raise the oven temperature to 425 degrees F and uncover. Place the dish back in the oven and let the meatballs crisp and brown.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve hot.
I served this with a fresh salad made of arugula strawberries, and radishes.