Each year, Terri of Love and Confections coordinates this multi-blogger, multi-day celebration of all things brunch. This year Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures is co-hosting. There were so many fabulous recipes created and shared. I hope you have time to check them all out!
- 2 C organic granulated sugar (I used Dixie Crystals)
- 12 T butter, cubed
- 1 T instant coffee or espresso
- 1 C organic heavy cream
- 1 T fleur de sel (or any other flaky sea salt)
Place sugar in heavy saucepan that holds, at least, two quarts. Heat the sugar over medium-high heat, whisking as it begins to melt. The sugar will begin to form clumps. Keep whisking and they will melt back down.
Once all the sugar has melted, swirl the pan occasionally while the sugar continues to cook.
Cook until the sugar has reached a deep amber color. It should have a slightly nutty aroma and be almost a reddish brown. Using a candy thermometer, cook till it reaches 350 degrees F.
As soon as the caramel reaches 350 degrees F, add the butter cubes all at once. Be careful because the caramel will bubble up. Whisk the butter into the caramel until completely melted. Stir in the instant coffee.
Let the sauce cool for 10 to 15 minutes before using. Then pour leftovers into a glass jar and let cool to room temperature. Warm before serving.
I poured the caramel sauce over an olive oil shortbread - like this one.
The Other Bloggers' Recipes
Get ready to be inspired!
- Iced Caramel Coffee by The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Muffins by The Texan New Yorker
- Cinnamon Apple Pancakes by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Cinnamon Roll Apple Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Cranberry Orange Muffins by Books n' Cooks
- Oatmeal Walnut Waffles with Fried Apples by Love & Confections
- Orange Sweet Rolls by Making Miracles
- Raspberry Coffee Cake by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Rosemary and Cornmeal Cake by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Watermelon Noodle Salad by Forking Up
- Baked Salmon with Citrus Yogurt Sauce by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Cheddar French Toast with Crab Hollandaise by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lavender Frosting by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salted Coffee Caramel Sauce by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp by Palatable Pastime
Many thanks to the #BrunchWeek sponsors whose ingredients and products were used in the creation of this recipe. Thank you, Dixie Crystals.
Don't forget to visit my kick-off post and enter the huge giveaway: here!
Disclaimer - Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.