- Bloody Painkiller by Palatable Pastime
- Goldilocks Cocktail by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Homemade Pineapple Rum by Sneha's Recipe
- Pineapple Mojitos by Cookaholic Wife
- Pineapple-Rum Granita by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pineapple Tiramisu by Magical Ingredients
Three ingredients and three hours. That's all it takes for this light, fresh dessert to be on your table. It's a great palate cleanser between brunch courses. Or you can top it with your favorite alcohol for a seasonal cocktail. Jake and I enjoyed this with some rum a and a splash of sparkling water!
Granita is a frozen dessert that I remember mostly from Sicily. It may have been available throughout Italy, but I remember sitting in piazze all over Palermo, eating granita, and talking about our next day's adventure. I don't remember that gloriously cool rush of icy sugar from when I lived in Rome. My favorite part: It's amazingly simple and flexible.
- 3 to 4 cups cubed pineapple*
- 1/4 cups organic granulated sugar
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed citrus juice (I had some bergamot)
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons rum
- Also needed: blender
*I usually use 1 Tablespoon citrus to 1 cup fruit, but adjust as you see fit.
Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Pulse until smooth. Pour mixture into a rimmed pan; I usually use a glass pyrex though I've heard that metal pans work faster.