Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The Enthusiastic Kitchen Elf's Hosts An Ingredient Hunt for His #13CajunBites Birthday Party


When we starting talking about The Enthusiastic Kitchen Elf's 13th birthday celebration, several months ago, there wasn't much of a discussion. He declared: "I would like to have my friends over. We are going to cook. And it's going to be a Cajun feast."

Okay. Sometimes I wonder where he gets these ideas. Then I just look in the mirror. Well, I still don't know how the Cajun part popped into his head. But, we're ran with it.


And, to add to the mayhem, we planned an ingredient hunt at the farmers' market with the kids in the afternoon. I pulled some veggie riddles from the web for the nine ingredients we needed to find. Some were more challenging than others, but, I think, they figured all of them out.


Since we weren't able to find green beans, bell peppers, or bread, I'm glad I had purchased some things ahead of time. We stopped for a cookie break at the end of the street....


Then, they all came back to our house to make a huge mess feast in my kitchen! Recipe posts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons