YARC stands for Year of Asian Reading Challenge, and I noticed it on Based on a True Story by Heather. Heather runs #FoodieReads, so I'm on her blog all the time; I can't believe I've never noticed this challenge! You can read about the challenge (here), from one of the hosts.
And, since I'm so late to the party, I'm aiming for Philippine Tarsier...or just 1 to 10 books by Asian authors. Maybe next year I'll be able to read more than that. Stay tuned.
So, I asked Heather if she counts only Asian nationals or do Asian-American count. She counts them all. I will do the same. In that case, I have already logged five.
Previously read in 2019...
- How to Bake Pi: An Edible Exploration of the Mathematics of Mathematics by Eugenia Cheng
- Buttermilk Graffiti: A Chef’s Journey to Discover America’s New Melting-Pot Cuisine
- by Edward Lee
- Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors: A Novel by Sonali Dev
- The Island of Sea Women: A Novel by Lisa See
- Natalie Tan's Book of Luck & Fortune by Roselle Lim [first post]
- Funny in Farsi: A Memoir of Growing Up Iranian in America by Firoozeh Dumas