Skip to main content

Creepy Eyeball Martini #HalloweenFoodFun


Carlee of Cooking with Carlee invited us all for some Halloween Food Fun. While the fun factor is in the eyeball garnish, I have to admit that the cocktail is pretty darn tasty, too.


All the Fun Creations...

Creepy Eyeball Martini

Ingredients makes 1 cocktail

  • 2 ounce gin
  • 1-1/2 ounces syrup fro the canned lychees
  • 1 ounce Chartreuse liqueur
  • Also needed: cocktail shaker, ice cubes

Eyeball Garnish

  • canned lychees
  • blueberries
  • skewers


Procedure
Drain the lychees, reserving the canning syrup for the cocktail. Place a blueberry in the lychee to form the eyeballs, then skewer them to make a pair.


Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour all the ingredients into the shaker. Shake well and strain into a serving glass.


Serve immediately! Cheers.


To make these non-alcoholic substitute, just use the lychee syrup and sparkling water. The boys were happy to be able to take part in the pre-Halloween fun.

Comments

  1. I LOVE this cocktail, Camilla! The eyeball garnish is fantastic and so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorably creepily cute - and sound tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have made Lychee martinis before and they were amazing so I know this is a tasty cocktail. I LOVE the eyes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so perfect Camilla! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are definitely some creepy looking eyeballs! Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Chocolate Agasajo-Style {Spice It Up!}

photo by D For my Spice It Up! kiddos this week, I was looking for an exotic drink to serve while we learned about saffron. I found a recipe from food historian Maricel Presilla that mimicked traditional Spanish hot chocolate from the 17th century where it was served at lavish receptions called agasajos . When I teach, I don't always get to shoot photos. Thankfully, D grabbed my camera and snapped a few. Ingredients serves 14-16 1 gallon organic whole milk 3 T dried rosebuds - or 2 t rosewater 2 t saffron threads, lightly crushed 3 T ground cinnamon 3 whole tepin chiles, crushed 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise 1 C organic granulated sugar 1 lb. bittersweet chocolate Procedure In a large soup pot that can hold a gallon plus, combine milk, dried rosebuds (or rosewater, if you are using that), saffron threads, ground cinnamon, chiles, vanilla beans, and sugar and warm over medium heat till it steams. Whisk to dissolve sugar, then lower heat an...

A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige #ItalianFWT on CulinaryCam.Com

I am in the process of migrating over to my new domain. Come on over to read " A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige " for December's #ItalianFWT.

Frozen Art Gourmet Ice Cream

As we headed inland from the coast, I cringed as the temperature gauge in the car for outside temp climbed into the triple digits. Ugh. I'm a rather wimpy central coastal Californian who begins to wilt when it's 70 degrees outside. Thank goodness for air conditioning and a planned ice cream stop. When I parked the car outside Frozen Art Gourmet Ice Cream in Santa Rosa, everyone breathed a sigh of relief. We knew that we still had to get to the campsite...and set up our tents in the heat. But we were going to enjoy the cool, sweet treats from Frozen Art first! Michoacana ice creameries are the equivalent of Starbucks in Mexico; they're ubiquitous. Purists, however, claim that operating a true Michoacana ice cream shop require ties to Tocumbo. It's estimated that almost ninety percent of the Tocumban population is currently employed in the ice cream business from making ice cream itself to making equipment. But the real art of Tocumban ice creams: imaginat...