Skip to main content

Product Review: Utility and Beauty #lecreusetlove #sponsor

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Le Creuset. All opinions are my own.

About a month ago, I received an offer that made my little foodie heart flutter: "Make a wish list of some Le Creuset items* and I'll see what I can do." Ummmm...okay. 

I was given no guidelines and no limits. I perused the website. I clicked. And I drooled. Like many home cooks, I have long coveted anything and everything made by Le Creuset. I have a mini pumpkin cocotte and a trio of mini bean pots. See the operative word there - "mini." Though I love the look and feel of the Le Creuset product line, I am stymied by the price.

So, not wanting to seem greedy, I narrowed down my wish list to the top ten items I would really use; they ranged from the tagine pots all the way down to espresso cups. It really didn't matter what they sent, I knew I would be happy and put the items to good use.

The next day, I received a response that I could expect a the 3-quart Braiser in Cerise and the Mini Cocottes with Tray in Flame. I am pretty sure I squealed. Aloud. In my office.


The first day, they sat in the box and I admired them from afar. Then the boys began to nudge. "Mommy, what are we going to make in them? You can't just let them sit there...collecting dust."

The following day, I tried to decide what to make. Then, I just dove in.  


I have used the braiser to poach quince for my {Gluten-Free} Burnt Caramel Quince Gingerbread. 


I have simmered sauce for my Beef-Apple Meatballs in Bourbon Sauce.


I have sauteed mushrooms for my Truffled Beef Sliders.


And I have, as it was intended, braised in it, making Kadu Bouranee, a sweet and savory dish of braised pumpkin from Afghanistan. 


I also braised whole fish in it for my Truffles, Whole Fish, & Barolo post.

While the price on Le Creuset pieces is still daunting, I can honestly say that I have already used my braiser more in a few weeks than any of my other pots combined. Its depth is perfect for so many uses. The heavy lid traps steam and prevents food from drying out. It moves seamlessly from stovetop to oven to tabletop. 

So, it has utility and beauty. It's definitely cemented itself as one of my favorite things.


I haven't use the cocottes to their full potential yet; I have only used them as adorable serving dishes for my Pumpkin Laksa. I'll use them more soon. I promise. I'm thinking about French Onion Soup. Do you have any ideas for me? Comment below. I'm all ears.


You may find Le Creuset...
on the web
on Facebook
on Twitter
on Pinterest
on Instagram

*Disclosure: I received this product for free from the sponsor and/or its public relations team in exchange for an honest review. I have received no additional compensation for my post. My opinion is 100% my own and 100% accurate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Chocolate Agasajo-Style {Spice It Up!}

photo by D For my Spice It Up! kiddos this week, I was looking for an exotic drink to serve while we learned about saffron. I found a recipe from food historian Maricel Presilla that mimicked traditional Spanish hot chocolate from the 17th century where it was served at lavish receptions called agasajos . When I teach, I don't always get to shoot photos. Thankfully, D grabbed my camera and snapped a few. Ingredients serves 14-16 1 gallon organic whole milk 3 T dried rosebuds - or 2 t rosewater 2 t saffron threads, lightly crushed 3 T ground cinnamon 3 whole tepin chiles, crushed 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise 1 C organic granulated sugar 1 lb. bittersweet chocolate Procedure In a large soup pot that can hold a gallon plus, combine milk, dried rosebuds (or rosewater, if you are using that), saffron threads, ground cinnamon, chiles, vanilla beans, and sugar and warm over medium heat till it steams. Whisk to dissolve sugar, then lower heat an...

A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige #ItalianFWT on CulinaryCam.Com

I am in the process of migrating over to my new domain. Come on over to read " A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige " for December's #ItalianFWT.

Frozen Art Gourmet Ice Cream

As we headed inland from the coast, I cringed as the temperature gauge in the car for outside temp climbed into the triple digits. Ugh. I'm a rather wimpy central coastal Californian who begins to wilt when it's 70 degrees outside. Thank goodness for air conditioning and a planned ice cream stop. When I parked the car outside Frozen Art Gourmet Ice Cream in Santa Rosa, everyone breathed a sigh of relief. We knew that we still had to get to the campsite...and set up our tents in the heat. But we were going to enjoy the cool, sweet treats from Frozen Art first! Michoacana ice creameries are the equivalent of Starbucks in Mexico; they're ubiquitous. Purists, however, claim that operating a true Michoacana ice cream shop require ties to Tocumbo. It's estimated that almost ninety percent of the Tocumban population is currently employed in the ice cream business from making ice cream itself to making equipment. But the real art of Tocumban ice creams: imaginat...