Skip to main content

Ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb! Martini #NationalMartiniDay


Liz of Books n'Cooks invited all the Festive Foodies to join her for National Martini Day. Check out these other fun martini recipes for #NationalMartiniDay:

Ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb! Martini

Even though it was a weekday, all the ingredients were staring at me! The boys and I have been groovin' to the soundtrack of Guardians of the Galaxy so this is my Ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb! Martini. Happy Monday. Cheers!


I love this cocktail, and I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.


Ingredients makes 1 cocktail
  • 2 oz gin (yes, I'm a gin girl!)
  • 3/4 oz Lillet
  • 3/4 oz Luxardo liqueur
  • 6 dashes bitters (I used the Big Sur Citrus from Golden Bear Bitters)
  • Also needed: ice, cocktail shaker, grittones for garnish


Procedure
Place all ingredients in a cocktail shaker. Shake for 30 seconds, then strain into a martini glass.  Garnish with grittones spear.

Comments

  1. I'm a gin girl to albeit I don't drink it often... enough! As you can imagine Lillet is plentiful here and we always have a bottle chilling. This cocktail sounds rather fresh and sassy. Definitely going to try it as soon as I track down Luxardo and some bitters ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherry bomb reminds me of my college days and shots- I loved those and I bet this is equally delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great...of course, I will switch out the gin for vodka LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds wonderful. I have the clear Luxardo. Must get some red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo I didn't know Luxardo had a liquor. Their cherries are amazing. Off to the liquor store - this is one martini I know I'll enjoy!

    Thanks for joining me in celebrating National Martini Day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Chocolate Agasajo-Style {Spice It Up!}

photo by D For my Spice It Up! kiddos this week, I was looking for an exotic drink to serve while we learned about saffron. I found a recipe from food historian Maricel Presilla that mimicked traditional Spanish hot chocolate from the 17th century where it was served at lavish receptions called agasajos . When I teach, I don't always get to shoot photos. Thankfully, D grabbed my camera and snapped a few. Ingredients serves 14-16 1 gallon organic whole milk 3 T dried rosebuds - or 2 t rosewater 2 t saffron threads, lightly crushed 3 T ground cinnamon 3 whole tepin chiles, crushed 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise 1 C organic granulated sugar 1 lb. bittersweet chocolate Procedure In a large soup pot that can hold a gallon plus, combine milk, dried rosebuds (or rosewater, if you are using that), saffron threads, ground cinnamon, chiles, vanilla beans, and sugar and warm over medium heat till it steams. Whisk to dissolve sugar, then lower heat an...

A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige #ItalianFWT on CulinaryCam.Com

I am in the process of migrating over to my new domain. Come on over to read " A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige " for December's #ItalianFWT.

Frozen Art Gourmet Ice Cream

As we headed inland from the coast, I cringed as the temperature gauge in the car for outside temp climbed into the triple digits. Ugh. I'm a rather wimpy central coastal Californian who begins to wilt when it's 70 degrees outside. Thank goodness for air conditioning and a planned ice cream stop. When I parked the car outside Frozen Art Gourmet Ice Cream in Santa Rosa, everyone breathed a sigh of relief. We knew that we still had to get to the campsite...and set up our tents in the heat. But we were going to enjoy the cool, sweet treats from Frozen Art first! Michoacana ice creameries are the equivalent of Starbucks in Mexico; they're ubiquitous. Purists, however, claim that operating a true Michoacana ice cream shop require ties to Tocumbo. It's estimated that almost ninety percent of the Tocumban population is currently employed in the ice cream business from making ice cream itself to making equipment. But the real art of Tocumban ice creams: imaginat...