Skip to main content

Han Solo in ... Chocolate!

Almost two years ago one of my favorite bloggers - Rook No. 17 - posted about making her own mold from a Han Solo in carbonite toy. I never got around to (1) finding a Han Solo in carbonite toy of my own and (2) figuring out how to make a mold with Silicone Plastique. But I've always enjoyed the idea of this treat: Han Solo frozen in a block of carbonite, I mean dark chocolate.

I found some pre-made chocolates at ThinkGeek for $11.99; they also had a silicone mold to make ice cubes or chocolate for $9.99. No brainer - twelve dollars for something that we could enjoy once or ten dollars for something we could use multiple times. Done.


I ordered it and if just arrived. Time to temper some chocolate!


This is going to make some of my favorite Star Wars fans a very nice stocking stuffer.

Comments

  1. Even though I still have the silicone plastique mold that I made a few years ago, I've been thinking about picking up one of these from Think Geek so I can make chocolate carbonite frozen Hans en masse! You can't beat the price either!

    Well done, Camilla!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Chocolate Agasajo-Style {Spice It Up!}

photo by D For my Spice It Up! kiddos this week, I was looking for an exotic drink to serve while we learned about saffron. I found a recipe from food historian Maricel Presilla that mimicked traditional Spanish hot chocolate from the 17th century where it was served at lavish receptions called agasajos . When I teach, I don't always get to shoot photos. Thankfully, D grabbed my camera and snapped a few. Ingredients serves 14-16 1 gallon organic whole milk 3 T dried rosebuds - or 2 t rosewater 2 t saffron threads, lightly crushed 3 T ground cinnamon 3 whole tepin chiles, crushed 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise 1 C organic granulated sugar 1 lb. bittersweet chocolate Procedure In a large soup pot that can hold a gallon plus, combine milk, dried rosebuds (or rosewater, if you are using that), saffron threads, ground cinnamon, chiles, vanilla beans, and sugar and warm over medium heat till it steams. Whisk to dissolve sugar, then lower heat an...

A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige #ItalianFWT on CulinaryCam.Com

I am in the process of migrating over to my new domain. Come on over to read " A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige " for December's #ItalianFWT.

Frozen Art Gourmet Ice Cream

As we headed inland from the coast, I cringed as the temperature gauge in the car for outside temp climbed into the triple digits. Ugh. I'm a rather wimpy central coastal Californian who begins to wilt when it's 70 degrees outside. Thank goodness for air conditioning and a planned ice cream stop. When I parked the car outside Frozen Art Gourmet Ice Cream in Santa Rosa, everyone breathed a sigh of relief. We knew that we still had to get to the campsite...and set up our tents in the heat. But we were going to enjoy the cool, sweet treats from Frozen Art first! Michoacana ice creameries are the equivalent of Starbucks in Mexico; they're ubiquitous. Purists, however, claim that operating a true Michoacana ice cream shop require ties to Tocumbo. It's estimated that almost ninety percent of the Tocumban population is currently employed in the ice cream business from making ice cream itself to making equipment. But the real art of Tocumban ice creams: imaginat...