Whenever we see peaches at the market, we grab them. The stone fruit season isn't very long here, but when the peaches, plums, and apricots are ripe, they are fantastic. I like to pair them with juicy tomatoes, baby greens, and an herb dressing that just screams 'summer.' I know it's not really summer yet...soon.
- 2 C organic tomatoes (I used baby heirlooms this time)
- 3 to 4 ripe organic peaches, sliced into wedges
- 2 C baby greens
- 1/4 C fresh herbs (I used a mixture of basil, parsley, oregano, and mint)
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/4 C vinegar (I used a champagne vinegar)
- 1 T local honey
- 1 t Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, peeled and diced
- freshly ground salt
- freshly ground pepper
Combine the herbs, olive oil, vinegar, honey, Dijon, and shallots in a blender or food processor until the dressing emulsifies and the herbs are pureed. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place the green in the bottom of your serving bowl and top with tomatoes and peaches. When ready, serve at room temperature. Toss with dressing at the table. Serve immediately.