Thursday, April 6, 2017

Marigold Petal and Matcha Panna Cotta


I love the color of matcha. And, when I was looking for an easy, make-ahead dessert for a girls' brunch last weekend, I decided to color my panna cotta with matcha. I also had some organic marigold blossoms and thought I'd infuse the cream with some of the petals.

I don't know why I put the egg on that small tray. There are no eggs in this recipe! Just wanted to clarify in case you were confused by my photo. I'm confused, too. Sorry...


Ingredients makes eight 2-ounce servings
  • 1 envelope gelatin
  • 2 C organic heavy whipping cream + more for garnish
  • 1/4 C cold water
  • 2 T marigold petals + more for garnish
  • 2 t matcha green tea powder
  • 1/4 C organic granulated sugar


Procedure
Pour heavy cream into a medium sauce pan and heat until bubbles begin to form along the edges of the pan. Add the marigold petals and let steep for at least thirty minutes. Strain out the petals and set cream aside. 

Pour the milk into a large mixing bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the surface. Let bloom for 5 minutes.

Heat the infused cream until it begins to steam. Do not let it boil. Add in the matcha powder and sugar. Whisk until smooth. Pour the mixture over the gelatin and stir until completely dissolved.

Pour the mixture into your serving containers, leaving a little bit of space at the top. Let chill until set, but at least four hours. Serve cold. Just before serving, whip cream into soft peaks. Place a dollop of unsweetened whipped cream on top of the panna cotta and garnish with a few petals. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons