Sunday, January 1, 2017

Winter Citrus Salad with a Manuka Drizzle #Sponsor

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Social Nature. All opinions are my own.

I've long heard about Manuka honey. A few years ago, I wrote a story for Edible Monterey Bay about honey and one of the people I interviewed told me about some of its wild medicinal benefits. In addition to being a beekeeper, she is also a nurse practitioner. She had used Manuka honey for its antibacterial qualities to fight an infected skin condition on one of her patients; she told me that the use of honey as a salve reduced the scarring and increased the rate of skin regeneration. I was sold!


So, when Social Nature offered to send me a sample of Wedderspoon Manuka*, I agreed to review it and come up with a recipe using it.


At this time of year, citrus fruits abound. Citrus is rich in antioxidants that helps boost immune systems and protect against illness. I decided that the tartness of citrus, sweetness of Manuka, herbaceousness of fresh thyme, and a little salt and olive would make a wonderful winter citrus salad.

The Manuka honey from Wedderspoon is thick and flavorful. It's delicious.

I picked the citrus for their visual appeal. You can use all naval oranges or whatever citrus you have available to you. To make this Whole30 compliant - more on that soon - skip the honey. It's just as good that way.

Ingredients serves 4

  • 2 organic cara cara oranges
  • 2 organic naval oranges
  • 2 organic grapefruits
  • 2 T Manuka honey
  • 1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 t fresh thyme
  • 1 t sea salt flakes

Procedure

Peel all the citrus fruit, ensuring all the white pith is removed.


Slice the citrus and arrange on a serving plate, alternating colors, if you are using different colored fruits.


Sprinkle with thyme and sea salt. Drizzle with Manuka, lemon juice, and olive oil. Serve immediately.


You may find Wedderspoon...
on the web

*Disclosure: I received this product for free from the sponsor of Social NatureAs a Social Nature blogger, I agree to use this product and share my thoughts. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Social Nature or the manufacturer of this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons