Saturday, November 26, 2016

Cracked Crab with Lemongrass, Black Pepper, and Basil

I'm not sure this even really qualifies as a recipe - considering the fish market cooked, cleaned, and cracked the crab for me. I just made the compound butter. But as it's on my Thanksgiving menu, and I promised to link up my recipes, here goes...


Ingredients serves 6

  • 2 crabs, cooked, cleaned, and cracked
  • 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, trimmed, halved, and cut into 1/2" lengths
  • 1/2 softened butter (if using unsalted butter, add 1 t salt)
  • 1 t cracked black pepper
  • 1/4 fresh basil leaves + more for garnish



Procedure
In a food processor, place the lemongrass, black pepper, and basil. Process until well-combined. add in the butter and process again until the herbs are incorporated into the butter.

Just before you're ready to serve, melt compound butter in a large, flat-bottom pan. Add the cracked crab and toss to coat. Remove crab to your serving platter and sprinkle with fresh chopped basil. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons