Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Roasted Kabocha Fries


If ever I had to name a junk food that I love, it would be fries. Greasy, salty, delicious fries. But, I know they aren't good for me. So, I can usually stave off my fry-cravings with some oven roasted veggies. This time I had a kabocha squash from our CSA box. Awesome. I love that this only needs two ingredients besides the squash and is done in about an hour. This is one of my favorite autumn snacks.

Ingredients            
  • 1 organic kabocha squash, seeded, peeled, and cut into half-moons
  • 2 to 3 T olive oil
  • freshly ground salt

                       
                   
Procedure
Heat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.

In large mixing bowl, toss squash and olive oil together until well coated. Spread squash in even layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Roast 20 to 25 minutes, then flip and roast another 20 to 25 minutes more.        
               
Increase heat to 500°F. Roast an additional 5 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy on both sides.

Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons