Tuesday, April 26, 2016

{Gluten-Free} Celebratory Strawberry Muffins

Today, my Love turns 41. He would probably rather not have his birthday celebrated. Too bad.

Note to self: if you stick a thin birthday candle in the muffin while it's still hot, the candle will melt. Whoops. The Precise Kitchen Elf declared, "It's okay. I'm sure it's culinary grade wax." Hilarious.


I canceled my morning workout and ran to the grocery store to get ingredients for a gluten-free treat. I decided on strawberry muffins because the baskets of beautiful organic strawberries were calling to me. And, because my gluten-free baking is sometimes if-y (read: dense, flat, and grainy), I used a gluten-free baking mix. Yep, I did.

And it paid off. The muffins were raised and fluffy. The boys even doubted it was gluten-free. Then, I told them it was a mix and they said, "Oh, that explains it." Okay...I obviously need to hone my gluten-free baking skills a little more.


Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups King Arthur Gluten-Free All-Purpose Baking Mix
  • 1/3 C organic granulated sugar
  • 1/4 C olive oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/2 C milk
  • 1/2 t pure vanilla extract
  • 3/4 C organic strawberries, chopped


Procedure
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line muffin pan with paper liners.

In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the baking mix and sugar. Whisk in the oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla. With a spatula, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and mix just until moistened.

Fold in the strawberries. Using a kitchen scoop, fill the muffin cups about three-quarters of the way full. Place in the oven and bake for 23 to 25 minutes. The tops should be golden brown and firm to the touch.


Let cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack. You can cool them more or serve them immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons