Saturday, April 30, 2016

Baked Okra Fries for a #BurgerMonth sidedish

So, May is #BurgerMonth. Did you know that? Well, you will. And I am excited about sharing my new burger recipe. But I figured I'd share the side dish today. We battled over these and I definitely will double the recipe next time.

This simple dish comes together quickly and tastes amazing.


Ingredients
  • 1 pound okra, rinsed and dried
  • 1 T corn meal
  • ½ t freshly ground salt
  • ½ t freshly ground pepper
  • 1 T olive oil



Procedure
Preheat oven to 450°F. Trip the end off the okra and slice them in half lengthwise.

Place okra in a large mixing bowl. Add in the corn meal, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.


Place okra on a silicone or parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.


The okra fries should be browned and nicely crisped. Serve immediately as they will get less crisp as they cool.


Though I use my Clongs from Dreamfarm all the time (I received them during last year's #BurgerMonth event), I figured I'd share a photo since they have contributed a prize to this year's #BurgerMonth giveaway again. More on that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons