Thursday, March 6, 2014

Curry-Kissed Tater Tots

I never really considered making tater tots before last May. But, inspired by a few friends, I created Hand-formed Parmesan Tater Tots; and my recipe ended up being a community pick on Food52. So, tots have been a staple on our breakfast table whenever I have leftover potatoes. I don't typically roast potatoes for the sole purpose of making tots, but when I have a spud - or three -  in my fridge, I'll make them. This morning I had three roasted potatoes and one roasted sweet potato, so I put them together and added a kiss of curry. These were a hit!

 

Ingredients

  • 3 roasted potatoes, cooled
  • 1 roasted sweet potatoes, cooled
  • 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
  • freshly ground sea salt
  • freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2 t curry powder
  • canola oil

Procedure
Shred the potatoes on the large holes of a box grater. You can peel them first; I didn't. Place the other ingredients into the bowl with the grated potatoes and use a fork to fully combine everything.

Line a baking dish parchment and lightly grease it with canola oil. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.


Using about a teaspoon of the potato mixture, form it into a cylinder about 1 inch long. Place on baking sheet and repeat until all the tots are made.

Bake about 35-40 minutes, turning once about 20 minutes into the cooking time.

Serve hot with ketchup. Here's a recipe for homemade ketchup, if you're feeling ambitious.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE TATER TOTS! And I especially love homemade tater tots. Looking forward to the curry-kissed version. And have you ever made THESE??? http://www.foodiewithfamily.com/2014/01/18/totchos-supreme-tater-tot-nachos-supreme/

    ReplyDelete

Share Buttons