Saturday, December 22, 2012

Ninjabread Men {Cookies}


When I posted that D was making ninjabreads, a friend asked, "What's ninjabread? I like the sound of it, and I'm curious...” I admitted that it’s nothing except gingerbread dough cut with cute lil’ ninja cookie cutters.


 












The Basic Dough...
1 C butter
1 C dark brown sugar
2 eggs
2/3 C unsulphered molasses
6 C white whole wheat flour
1 C chestnut flour
2 T baking powder
1 T ground ginger

Melt the butter and whisk in the molasses, sugar, and eggs. Add dry ingredients and blend till you have a stiff dough. Split dough into quarters and roll into a ball. Wrap tightly with plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour. Roll dough to desired thickness (I kept them fairly thick to withstand little hands) and cut out your pieces. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, depending on thickness.


Once they cooled, D decorated them with store-bought candy eyeballs and frosting. I know, I know…but he’s happy and I have more stuff to prep before the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons